Saturday, June 8, 2013

MY UNCLE, SO FAR YET SO CLOSE TO MY HEART


GET WELL SOON MY UNCLE!


Young and vibrant
Quiet, reserved and respectful
Never stealing the spotlight
But shining brightly with your smile, and genuine kindness.
These are my memories of you.
My uncle, so far yet so close to my heart.


You would visit often,
The time you spent with us was precious
Keeping to yourself,
Gently rocking back and forth to the sweet tunes of your Boombox!
My Uncle, so far yet so close to my heart.

Baseball was the game!
`Take me out to the ballgame was the song.
Sunny days, brothers reuniting for a moment in time.
I so loved those days, and will cherish them always.
My Uncle, so far yet so close to my heart.

Camping was fun, visits with Grandma and Grandpa,
Family coming together and talking the days away.
One day we went for a drive, music blaring. I felt so happy and free.
My Uncle, so far yet so close to my heart.

The years have crept up on us. Life happened and made time fly.
Days turning into months, months into years.
We met again rarely. I always cherished those few moments and
Endearing conversations.
You understood me and always made me feel special.
My Uncle so far, yet so close to my heart.

This life changing event made me cry.
Cry partly in sadness, and partly in happiness.
Sad for your pain, so very happy that GOD has spared someone
That i love so very much and remember so fondly.
My Uncle so far, yet so close to my heart.

Stay strong my dear uncle.
Find hope and strength in the people who love you, both near and far.
See the beautiful days that lie ahead in your baby girl`s eyes.
Smile your sweet smile,
And know that this too shall pass.
My Uncle so far, yet so close to my heart.

I love you so much, and pray for you each day!
xoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment